Saturday 16 September 2017

Direct Dial to the Spelling Bee Blocks

p.s. I just called to say I love you!

Operator:        Hello, Operator here.  What number do you require?

Patchsmith:   Miss Bee please – direct call.
Direct beeline to Lori Holt's Spelling Bee

Operator:        Just one moment – trying to connect you .....

Operator:        I’m sorry but Miss Bee is not picking up.  If you'd like to leave her a message speak after you hear the beep .....

BEEP – BEEP

"Hello Lori, it’s Amanda here.  I just called to say I love you – well your designs actually because Brad Pitt is more my type.  
Nearly there with the Spelling Bee Picture Day Quilt

I’m making your Picture Day Quilt from your Spelling Bee Book and it is such fun.  
Bee Lori's Spelling Bee Book

I've just finished the Telephone Block – I’ll fax you a photo ....... 

Cool eh?  It went together so easily and quickly yet it looks complicated.  You really are a clever designer. 

I have just two more blocks to go and it will be ready for quilting.

I better go – I need to make some more Bee Happy blocks – I’m struggling to keep up with that sew-along but I’ll ring you again later to chat about it.

Until then - toodle-pip."

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blocks! It's motivating me to get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have a working phone that looks like yours! Such a fun and clever post! I'm smiling as I read it over again!

    ReplyDelete